Friday, June 12, 2015

Gigi Moon Gems

For those of you who don't know me, I really really LOVE jewelry.  I am that girl who always sets the metal detectors off because I am wearing so much of it!  Even as a kid, I remember finding my mom's diamond engagement ring in her dresser drawer and wearing it.  I was about 8 at the time and I remember that I wore it all day.  I remember going out to eat that evening at Barbosa's Castillo (best mexican restaurant in St. Joseph, MO) and my mom discovering her engagement ring on my little finger as I was eating.  I remember telling her that I found it in her dresser drawer and that I loved it and that I was keeping it forever.  She quickly demanded it back and I remember getting a long lecture that day.  Needless to say, my passion for jewelry goes WAY back.

Last Friday night, my husband and I were at First Fridays down at the Crossroads in KC and I wanted to find Gigi Moon Gems, which is owned by the very beautiful and very talented Garnet Griebel Booth.  Her studio is located on the second floor of the Bauer building and she has so many AMAZING pieces.  There were a lot of people in her studio looking at and buying her jewelry and ofcourse I found something that I couldn't live without!  I ended up snagging this amazing oval turquoise ring that sits in this crown-like copper base!  I am so in love with it!



The jewelry at Gigi Moon Gems is very reasonable in price and I love knowing that it is designed by a local KC artist.  Here are several other pieces that I am kind of obsessed with.



Feel free to check out Gigi Moon Gems on etsy and facebook (listed below).  Gigi Moon Gems' website is currently being constructed but it will be up soon.  I definitely recommend Gigi Moon Gems because not only is Garnet's jewelry AMAZING, but it is designed right here in the heart of KC!  Happy Shopping!


Gigi Moon Gems
Garnet Griebel Booth-Owner
The Bauer Building
115 W. 18th Street Suite 205
Kansas City, Missouri 64108
816-914-5739

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GigiMoonGemstones

https://www.facebook.com/GigiMoonGems

www.gigimoon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment