Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Sydney Pener

I have had the luxury to meet an AMAZING gal who is not only talented but is also one of the nicest people that I have ever met.  Sydney Pener is a metalsmith and jewelry designer who I met at Crafts and Drafts (a local KC event) after seeing some beautiful jewelry of hers at the Westport Art Fair.  I really like unique pieces of jewelry and when I came across this branch ring, I knew that I had to have it!



Luckily for me, Sydney is a metalsmith and she designs and makes jewelry in any material that your little heart desires.  This is great for me because I do not do well at all with Sterling Silver!  I wear jewelry all of the time and I wear my jewelry frequently (I am basically the girl who sets off metal detectors because I am always wearing so much of it) so therefore Sterling Silver turns colors on me very easily when I wear it. 

One of the things that I love about Sydney is that she teaches metalsmith classes at Johnson County Community College and her passion for teaching her craft to others truly inspires me.  Seriously, I wish that I was that talented!  Anyway, I wanted my branch ring to be in yellow gold and she told me that if I had any old jewelry that she could melt it down to make my ring and that it would save on costs!  And anyone who know me knows that I am the type of person who LOVES to save money anywhere I can!

The final product was amazing (see above) and I get so many compliments on my branch ring!  If you are looking for a one of a kind piece, Sydney can probably make it for you!  She has her own studio in KC and since she designs and constructs the jewelry, she will work with you to help create your one of a kind piece!  Here are some pics that I have of Sydney making my ring-it is truly an art!  Happy Shopping!









 Sydney Pener
Metalsmith and Jewelery Designer
(816) 718-6510
sydneypener@sbcglobal.net


No comments:

Post a Comment